Are you brutally honest to pregnant women or new moms?

I find myself being a little TOO honest, know what I mean? One time someone asked me what it was REALLY like being a mom, and I think I pissed her off because I didn't shade anything in rainbows and puffy happy cloud thoughts. I find myself telling my non-parent friends the dirty truth (and happy stuff of course) about being a mom. Do you keep the bad things private or do you tell everyone about it?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am always brutally honest with everyone about everything because that is how I wish to be treated.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I keep it real too.

Motherhood and child rearing is NOT all puppies and rainbows and I don't think it's right to lead people into believing that. I don't thinks it great to tell people "Don't have kids, it fucking sucks" either, but it's best to be honest and talk about the good and the bad.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm honest. They get what they ask for. I do share nice thougts too so it doesnt leave them with a bad feeling .
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am always very truthful..
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 5:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Why is every thing that bad? The every day stuff like diapers, sick kids, cranky babies, spit-up, teens coming in late, all of it is life. It takes the whole package to be a blessing. Why complain? Be honest but don't be brutal. Life is messy. So what. That is what gives it the spice. I love the spice.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• But I feel that we as moms sprinkle over the bad stuff and make everything out to be just peachy keen and perfect all the time. Then when a first time mom has a baby, they're shocked to find out that it's not perfect all the time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• wow apparently you absolutely HATE being a mom. i can't believe you thought it would be all "clouds & rainbows" BOY! were you living a dream. babies get sick, babies don't often times sleep but that's called being an adult & knowing you're responsible enough before you have sex knowing the possible outcomes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2009