what is more important looks, personality or money when looking for a mate

Myni

Asked by Myni at 5:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Different for everyone I suppose. I was friends with my SO first, had no physical attraction to him at all. I just fell in love with him!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Looks attract people. But even looks get old if the personality isn't there. And money sweetens the pot.

Answer by Bmat at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• winkFor me, personality, chemistry and temperament are most important. But, my DH is FIIIIIIIIINE; so, that helped!

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• personality if those are my only three choices. Looks can fade or be gone in an instant (accident, etc) and my philosophy about money is with money comes power and with power comes control. I do NOT want to be controlled by some man so to me, of the three, personality is important. (throw in respectful and imo you have the perfect man!)

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It depends on the individual.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Personality.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 6:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Personality 100%. Looks are fleeting, and money doesn't buy happiness.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Looks are first. Always. No one can say that it isn't the first attraction or put off. If they do they're lying or in denial. After you get to know a person then personality factors in and looks don't mean as much. And if their looks change it changes the person.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm going to be the shallow one here: Looks, more than just looks, but how the guy carries himself, is he fit, does he take care of himself, does he smoke, does he have good hygiene.

That is important to me when looking for a man, when wanting to keep and having a committed relationship, he has to be smart, have a good sense of humor, and financially stable or at least working really hard on getting out of any any mess he made early on and not incurring more debt or continuing to be irresponsible with his money.

I found that ( and much, much more) when I met and married my DH. My DH is someone that I admire and respect and think he's smokin' hot!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 6:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009