Sore throat or just making noise?

I was wondering how to tell if your baby has a sore throat. My 9mo DS has been making this 'glunk' noise and swallows really hard. I'm not sure if it's a sore throat or him just making noise (he's experimenting with his voice a lot more now.)

alinker

Asked by alinker at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's probably just figured out that he can do whatever it is he is doing... I wouldn't worry about it unless he starts showing signs of actually being sick like not wanting to eat or running a fever.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ... however... you are the mom. If your intuition is saying there is something more going on then take him in to get checked out. No harm there =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i think a sore throat would be accompanied by a cough or some crying cuz it hurts. if he doesnt seem in pain i wouldn't worry about it. if he starts running a fever or coughing or having a lot of mucus take him to the dr
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009