i am so dreading this customer getting here.

i have done evrything i can to help her but i am just the secretary and have no say over things when it comes to collecting the money i have to do what i am told. So we fixed this lady's car and her deductible was $500.00. She said that it was suppose to be $250.00 that is what the lady at the insurance company told her. So on friday i told her i would have to call and verify because all out paper work says $500.00. I called and the lady was out until today and i finally got to talk to her and she said no it is definately $500.00. So i told the customer and that we had to have payment in full when she picked up but that i would ask if she could pay $250.00 now and leave a post dated check for the 1st for the other. Boss said no. so i told customer and got griped at about that isn't fair or right and now she can't pay electric, food, gas, etc. I said iam sorry i understand, i have trouble aslo. cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• and she said no you don';t understand all you want is money. and just on and on. So i asked her if she still wanted to come today to pick up because if she did i would wait for her since she is out of town . She said well i guess i have to they are cutting my rental off today. So i am dreading her getting here, but really there was nothing more i could do. I asked and tried to help her. Whay would you have done/
    Anonymous

• That's all you can do, you're doing your job.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't see any more that you could have done. She should have had all this info from her insurance company.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well what's done is done, but You handled it the best you could, however, the customer should've have been told what her deductible was going to be BEFORE she got her car fixed and if she was and she still wants to fight, then that's on her. Tell her you have tried to do all you can do for her, and you are sorry but your policy doesn't allow her to take her car without payment. Suggest she go to a cash advance place and get the money otherwise she'll be out of a car which is more expensive to replace. You can always call the police if she gets irrate, because it sounds to me like she'strying to get something for nothing
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It actually isn't my job to tell her what her deductible it. She should know what when she buys her insurance. Just like it do. And then after her insurance company okays her claim the call her and go over things with her and give her a copy of her estimate. And in her case, she already had it when she came to us becuause i made a copy of it and gave the original back to her. So if she had a problem she really should have taken care of it before she bought her vehicle in for repairs rather than waiting till i call her and tell her it was finishe, then she mentions there is a problem. So many don't know what they are buying when it comes to insurance. And that is really only there fault and there agents for not explaining it to them. We are here to repair there car, not sale them insurance or argu with them about it. But i try to help them when i can but don't appreciated being treated like that.
    Anonymous

• although seriously on another note, it it were my decision or my business i would have allowed her to write a postdated check for the first. It is just next week, and i personally don't see the problem with it. I mean if she had said well, i can't pick up my truck untill next week then, that would have meant we wouldn't have gotten any money untill next week. She has her insurance check and that means we would have to wait to be paid for the entire job. That is how i was looking at it. I mean we would have had a check to deposit. It would just be a week later . It wasn't like we were going to give her the vehicle and not have something to deposti.But that was just my thinking and apparently i was wrong
    Anonymous

• Well, if she's going to give you a bunch of excuses don't respond to them. Don't argue, just hear her out then she'll decide what to do. And if she throws a hissy and damages anything or threatens you call police and make a report. It isn't your fault she didn't pay for more coverage and I think she is trying to get something for nothing which is basically stealing. Don't let her bother you when you get home tonight, don't allow her to make her shortcomings your problem. Have a good evening!
    Anonymous

• She should have called them up and gotten a paper faxed to you prior to the date of payment/pick up. If she did this the whole thing would have been prevented. BUT you did your job and that is all that you can do. I understand getting beefed at isn't a fun day at the office but it happens occasionally and you can only grin and bear it if your boss said to do opposite what you would have done. I know that we are all struggling right now but that should have been no excuse. She should have known her deductible and should have never gotten work done if she couldn't pay it. My dad owns two car lots of his own and we normally have them fax or mail in(the insurance company) the deductible information for verification...so that we don't get peddled out of money.
    Anonymous