Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Ok I really don't know where to start. So here goes. My little cousin (16) is living with another cousin right now. Her adoptive mom (she was adopted by our aunt, because her mom didn't want her) isn't in the best place to have her, so she is staying with her daughter. Well her daughters husband is a child molester, he has molested children before and ws in jail for it., but his wife (my cousin) met him after that and doesn't think he did it. They have 4 girls together, and the oldest one has said that he has done stuff to her, but denied it when asked by DHS. Anyways the 16yo is staying with them and she has been really touchy feely with him lately and she has told me before that he did stuff to her but also denied it to DHS. I questioned her the other day and she kept avoiding it and now she won't even talk to me or anyonte else about it. I think she is scared, Please I don't know to anymore. How do I get her out of there.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (8)
  • All you can really do is report it to the authorities.

    Answer by gdiamante at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • I know this pry is a stupid ? but have you talked to the person shes stayin with ...i think her cousin ( i got a little confused with the cousin thing in there). Im sure she wouldnt listen but it was a thought. other than that ..i guess if she wont talk to you or accept your calls you can send her a letter, telling her you dont know if anything has or is happening but if she ever wants to talk or needs to turn to anyone she is safe with you and u will help with whatever she needs help with. you wont judge her or anything. also you can put in a number for a local womens shelter or abuse hotline. let her know that you love her and support her. thats the only thing i can think of. i know its hard to get through to people sometimes. this is a really difficult situation to deal with and i feed so bad that you have to go this! Good luick i wish the best for you and your fam.

    Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • another idea is maybe approach her school councler and let them know that you think maybe something is going on and see if they have any ideas. they would know what to watch for and keep an eye out

    Answer by RhiannonHunt at 5:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • ok my temp has risen...i was here go up to the bastard and tell him to leave his fricken hands off of her and if you here of him molesting her you will preform a elana bobit and chop his dick off.and then you go up to her and tell her either she comes with you or your going to get protective services after her and him and make her stay away from him...thank you

    Answer by raineydays377 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • keep calling child protection services.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • rainey...

    FYI...It was LORENA BOBBITT...she's my hero! lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • I was molested from 8 yrs old to 18 years old I would run away, get really depressed, when I was 15-18 I was super sexually active because of it (some girls will clam up and not even want to talk about it do it or otherwise though) and I finally moved out after staying out too late at a party my mom said it was okay to go to. I was drunk and didn't want her to see me like that so I stayed out ...she ended up kicking me out (which is secretly what I wanted because the offender was in the house) my two other little sisters live there but I see no need to cause a riot over it,I think that if he was doing something and she confided in you then you should not have pushed so hard to find out anything and just let her talk to you...that has to be the biggest mistake anyone had ever made with me. If I wanted to talk I would talk but if not then I would shy away. I could only suggest that you call CPS and have them run an investigation

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • thank you all so much for your answers, I have called CPS and they are now involved. My cousin called me back and is now in my care. She told me that she has had sex with him, and the reason that she didn't want to talk about it is because they would say she was a liar. And trust me I want to go over there and blow his head off, but thankfully I don't have a gun and I have more brains than that. I just hope that he spends the rest of his pathetic life in jail, and that he didn't touch his 5 other girls

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.