Husband going to the ER

I haven't heard from my husband since around 10:30 this morning. Around 4:00 I got a call from someone he works with asking what his allergies were because he was having a heat stroke. He has a past of heat strokes. When I asked him where they were taking him they said that they were in the middle of nowhere waiting on a f***ing ambulance. Should I be pissed that they werent letting him get enough water so they could have prevented this? Now because of their stupidity he has to miss a couple days of work.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 5:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• Why is it their fault? Shouldn't your husband be looking out for himself?
    Anonymous

• is he home? is he still in an e r and you don't know which one? If they new he had a breathing problem i'd reexplain very very firmly that he must be offered and be allowed to sip drink water on the job. I have a child with asthma plus she overheats fast and has to have water with her in this heat. Very worrisome. Hope hubby's ok.
    Anonymous

• Do you know for certain that it was a matter of water?

Right now I'd be more concerned about his health than about work.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• They know for sure that it was a heat stroke. They said that he was trying to drink water but couldnt get enough. They are taking him to St. Francis in St. Marys. I think I'm going to get him in a few hours and bring him home.
    agrafel

Answer by agrafel at 6:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have to agree with anon. :49, it is quick to blame someone, we are accountable to our own self.
    Anonymous

• Aw poor guy. And heat stroke is a serious problem, it is far more serious than heat exhaustion, which is bad enough. I hope that he feels much better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 6:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• That is horrible but I wouldn't care if I missed work or not I would be happy he is alright. As far as water goes that isn't the only problem with a heat stroke ...you would have to be in the sun continuously without being in shade or indoors for a few in between working. I understand some jobs don't allow you to take breaks but if they would have been told he has had previous heat strokes and allergies etc... and it was in his file at work "Just in Case" this incident could have been prevented.
    Anonymous