• In the Spotlight:

when you start to show

when do you you start to show? i heard with your second baby it is sooner than it was with the first is this true?

kamrynsmommie

Asked by kamrynsmommie at 5:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normally it is true, but it really varies from person to person.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It depends on your body type as well. With my first I didn't show until I was 7 months, but I was super skinny before I got pregnant. She ended up weighing 8 lbs 4 oz everyone was surprised including me at how big she was. I'm now almost 17 weeks pregnant and already have a good size baby bump.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 5:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It really depends on your body. Everyone is different. But yes, i started showing earlier with this one than with my first. But now that i'm 6 months, i'm not any bigger than i was with the first. I've gained more weight, but it's not my belly that's bigger!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wore a size four before I got pregnant with my first full term child after two losses. I only weighed 135 and gained the recommended 25 lbs. and I didn't start showing until 6.5 months. With my first loss I started showing around 4months...and with my second loss I showed a little at 14 weeks and lost him around 16 weeks.
    Anonymous