what do you get out of this verse?

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.” This verse -- Deuteronomy 22:5 --

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it means that men are not to try to look like a woman and a woman is not to try to look like a man. There are only so many ways to construct garments for bodies. As long as you are not trying to appear to be the opposite sex, there is no problem. Clothing taste change so often, but pants are no necessarily a "man's" garment. If society sees them as women's clothing, then they are.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Cross dressers are an abomination to God. Thats what i get out of it!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The same word translated "abomination" was used to describe God's view of homosexuality. This instance specifically outlawed transvestism. The creation-order distinctions between male and female were to be maintained without exception.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No crossdressing.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• amen mommaturbo
    Anonymous

• Jeans are a no-no! 

Won't stop me from wearing them though.big smile mini

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• one time I ran out of clean underwear and threw on a pair of my boyfriends. As luck would have it I started my period that day. He made me throw them away. :-) I guess that was a no no.
    Anonymous

• Deuteronomy is old testament law. These laws were for the Jews...God doesn't "judge" us on our clothing, but on our relationship with him and how we treat others.
    7257PamLaFs

Answer by 7257PamLaFs at 7:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i get no cross dressing. i think jesse123456, explains it very well.. i also read somewhere in the bible about no braids for women. So i dont braid my hair.. i try my best to follow the bible as much as possible
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I take it to mean that the Christian god is not a big fan of self expression in all it's many forms.
    He's anti-cross dressing, I'm anti-Him.
    Anonymous