How long after a cesarean do you bleed for?

DaniFatality

Asked by DaniFatality at 6:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• I had a labor ending in a csec and two more csections. I didn't bleed past several days and then intermittently afterwards for a bit. Are you having problems after a section? We're not supposed to go up stairs for a couple of weeks I was told after my first one. I had a uterine infection and had a fever a bit after delivery and went back on ivs antibiotics but no extraoridinary horrible amount of bleeding. My next two I csections I was much better. See your doc if your bleeding any scary amount. If you're just worried the usual amount isn't horrific.
    Anonymous

• My first I bled for about 3 weeks and my third almost 7 weeks.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• with my first i bled for about 4 weeks, i bled heavily for the first week or two and then it just went down to spotting. i just had my second and he is 3 weeks and a few days old, i don't bleed every day anymore for about a week now. now i bleed if i do more heavy duty type things: running errands all day, cleaning house all day, lifting my daughter more than 2 or 3 times that day, then i will start to spot again for a few hours.
    i was never told not to go up the stairs, with my first i asked about that b/c we have a 2 story house and i was told that it would be easier if i limited to going upstairs only twice a day, so at night when i went to bed and one other time throughout the day for about a week just until the stomach muscles got used to that again.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My doctor chuckled that she "suctioned" me out pretty good after my c-section. I bled for about 8 or 9 days!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i bleed for 12 weeks
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My OB must have suctioned the blood out because I bled for only about 1 week. I was done bleeding by the time I had my staples removed the week after I got out of the hospital.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yeah its been almost 3 weeks and its weird I'll bleed for a few hours out of the day then it stops and starts back up the next day.
    DaniFatality

Answer by DaniFatality at 6:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009