How to lose baby weight while breastfeeding?

Hello, my baby girl is 2 1/2 months old and i gained 60 + during my pregnancy. It was a quick gain after my 6th month then i delivered at 8 months...Only a month early and still weighed 6lbs!!! :) So, now that things have settled down i have been trying to get my weight down. While i was pregnant i was doing a stationary bike for 45+ min a day and now that i have popped i walk at lease 3 miles a day and eat half of what i did before. Because of my sudden weight gain during pregnancy i started working out and eating even healthier which has now followed me into post pregnancy...i am 5' 10

zoozleroo

Asked by zoozleroo at 6:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You've lost thirty pounds already? It took me 5 months to lose that! I would say keep doing what you are doing just be careful not to overdo it!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• thirty pounds is a lot, good job. i gain 50lb during pregnancy, and too lost 30lbs by 6 weeks. i dont really exercise, maybe walking once,twice a week. but just bfeeding alone will help you lose the baby weight, b/c i was pretty much back were i started at 4mos. but i did eat really healthy. o and my doc told me while b feeding not to over work myself, bc it can decrease your supply, and you also want to eat enough to keep up the supply. just a tip i learned from my doc.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nien months on, minimum nine months off. You're doing incredibly well to have lost as much as you have already so cut yourself some slack. It's normal top plateau like this even without the nursing.

Thing is...pounds lost too fast come back. With interest. So relax. No, you won't have a biikini body this summer. Who needs it? You have a BABY! Much better than a bikini any day.

Weight Watchers has a GREAT plan for nursing moms.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I forgot to add that my baby is strictly breastfed...i just find it so strange that the weight loss has totally plateaued like this. Thank you everyone :)
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009