What do you think?

My sister-in-law is telling me that i'm a bad mother because i went out with my friends to a club 3 times since i've had my daughter (six months) . My bf goes out every single weekend with his friends, even if he's just drinking somewhere but he still comes home at 3-4am, he still goes out. So she said that I leave her with "who ever" to go out and party. 1) i left the baby with my bf 2) i left her with my bf's cousin who is very close to us 3) i left her with my mother-in-law. Funny thing is that mymotherin law is saying the same thing too!! IT gets me so pist off!! I"ve tried my harderst to not leave her because i feel like i'm betraying the time i have to spend with my daughter and when i do OMG it's so wrong!!
I think i'm entitled to some time to myself being that im the only one that works and my bf stays with the baby all week but he goes out and has his fun every single weekend! am i right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 11 months and I haven't gone to a club since before I got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I think you are right.... its much better for you to get some time for yourself then to end up resenting your bf and baby becuase you never get to do anything at all. I don't get to anywhere but the grocery store with out my daughter but thats becuase we haven't even lived here a year and I don't know ANYONE here so there's no where for me to go. But if I had some friends to go out with then would I? YES! Not all the time every once in a while sure! You baby is 6 months old and you said you've been out 3 times? So thats onc every 2 months? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Have some fun!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 6:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my son is 11 months and I haven't been out since b4 I got pg but trust me it's not because I don't want to. I would LOVE to get to go out and be baby free for a few hours. who knows why in laws say the things they do but it's not right. I love my in laws but i'm lucky. I hear stories all the time about how people get so much critisism from them why it's there son/ bro that is doing the same thing 10 times worse. You deserve time off too. Don't let them make you feel liek you're a bad mom because it sounds to me like yo're not. All the time would be another thing but just every now and then is ok:). My advice is that if you have fam that you can leave them with on your side I would just do that. if not good luck, but either way dont' stop havving a good time because they judge you.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 8:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would tell my SIL and MIL to back off. This really is none of their business. Also I wouldnt leave my baby with them for a couple of reasons. They have negative attitudes which could affect the baby and I'll bet hat they arent speaking very nicely about you when she is around and this would be horrible for her to hear.

Good on you. Enjoy baby free time and spending time with your friends. I bet if you were going out for dinner it would nt be such a big deal

My dd is 15 weeks and I havent left her yet. Just something I am not ready for BUT when I am... if anyone complains I think i will kick them. The amount of work that us Moms do and then to be judged. Well that it just c***
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 11:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• u deserve time to urself. as long as ur baby is taken care of there is nothing wrong with it. i have gone out with friends a few times and left the baby with my mom or my sis in law. it sounds like ur family is just being really rude. its not fair that fathers get to do whatever they want and mothers have to stay home and be cut off from the world. maybe u can try leaving the baby with the same person every time and make sure they are very trustworthy and u can say the baby is used to him/her and u just need some you time to make you a better mommy.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009