Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you get a quest card/food stamp card does it work

if you need to go to another state for a week or so. I have a family emergency and need to go to another state for awhile, my kids still need to eat so... will my card work out of state?

I will ask my tech. but I have to wait for a return phone call 24-hours, has anyone had to do this before or know if you can still use it from one state to another? thanks.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

Answers (4)
  • no it doesn't transfer states... unless they changed it in the last few years. Go to the website to find out for sure.

    Answer by mizsaxton at 6:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • If you have to travel all you have to do is tell your case worker & they should make it to where you can use it out of state. I had this happen when we where on FS.


    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • Yes, just don't use it for to long of a time or they will think you live out there.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • If you can't use it in another state,go shopping and stock up on a bunch of canned foods like canned beef stew,chilli,kids dinners,vegetables,fruits,juice even packaged foods and bring them with you.

    Answer by countingsparows at 6:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.