if you get a quest card/food stamp card does it work

if you need to go to another state for a week or so. I have a family emergency and need to go to another state for awhile, my kids still need to eat so... will my card work out of state?

I will ask my tech. but I have to wait for a return phone call 24-hours, has anyone had to do this before or know if you can still use it from one state to another? thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• no it doesn't transfer states... unless they changed it in the last few years. Go to the website to find out for sure.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 6:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you have to travel all you have to do is tell your case worker & they should make it to where you can use it out of state. I had this happen when we where on FS.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes, just don't use it for to long of a time or they will think you live out there.
    Anonymous

• If you can't use it in another state,go shopping and stock up on a bunch of canned foods like canned beef stew,chilli,kids dinners,vegetables,fruits,juice even packaged foods and bring them with you.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009