When is this crap gonna stop being ok?......Our grandmothers FOUGHT for better and our daughters DESERVE better!

Calvin Klein 'Threesome' Ad Draws Oohs, Aahs and Protests

here is the link...you have too see the ad..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526491,00.html

I think this is so crazy! It's 3 guys and a girl. All look to be in thier late teens (17 - 19) . The girl is on the couch topless with 2 of the guys and the 3rd guy is on the floor taking off his pants! Why is this ok? Why do we think that making our girls into sex objects and the basis for sexual jokes is going to be a benefit to them? I am sure many will think I am some psycho feminist but I am not. I am the mother of 2 little girls who thinks that those in the ad world and the comedy world and the hollywood world could do a littlle more to NOT make little girls think that their best path in life is to be naked on the couch with 3 guys or wear as little clothing as possible! I think this ad should be pulled for being way too over the top! you?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree it's not right but it is a reflection of society it's only going to get worse... :(
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Sounds like an add that belongs in Hustler magazine or something
    Anonymous

• I don't think it would be right if it were 3 girls and 1 guy either. The media is way too over sexified (I know thats not a word. I just made it up. Thanks) And then they wonder why 15 year olds are getting pregnant.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I completely agree with you. Many people just say it's freedom of speech and expression. If we don't like it then don't look at it. As parents though we cannot keep our kids in bubbles. It is sad that we teach our kids that things like that are not ok but they have to go out into the world and still be exposed to that left and right. Oh and I think that ads like that do a disservice to men shown in them and men who have to see it too.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    —Krishnamurti
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Wow that really is soft core porn! thats disgusting to have displayed on the streets. I wouldnt want my kids to see that, i think i would be embarassed to see it when i was with my mother too! Im not one to bitch about this stuff usually either, ut that really is jsut wrong!

another note. Why is a clothing company advertiding for youto take their clothes off....lol!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm totally with you ... but the ACLU calls this "free speech".

Of course, then they pursue lengthy campaigns to stamp out a small unassuming stone sculpture with the Ten Commandments engraved into it for people to see if they happen to be passing through the lobby of a building. ...

Don't tell me that the ACLU is just trying to help - many of their suits are brought without ANY PERSON having any complaint about their target !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• While I agree that it is kind of beautiful from an artistic perspective, it has no place in the public view. My children shouldn't see that. And those kinds of ads are big in clothing stores, public transportation, and billboards. Places I don't feel that I can healthily limit my children's exposure to.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• What do you expect with the moral decay of our country?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't buy that brand & I would never buy it because it is over priced & always dose racy stuff like this. The billboard should not be allowed to be up where anyone can see it, the city should make them take it down.
    usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• LOL good point Rhiannon, why does it seem like the point of clothes these days is for someone to want to take them off. That's not why I wear clothes. Maybe underwear...
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009