What would you do? Buying a house...

My husband and I have found the perfect house. It's owned by an elderly couple. The woman wants to move south to live with their son. The man wants to stay put. They did decide to sell the house, and showed it to us about a month ago. The day after we looked at it, they called to say they'd changed their minds. Then, a few weeks later, the guy said they wanted to sell again. So we went to the bank to look into a loan. We're having some trouble, because although the place is in pristine condition (a 20 year old modified trailor that looks like a dream house) it's too old for a first time home buyers loan, or for a 30 year mortgage (which is the best we can afford). A guy from the bank was going to check the place out, and see if he could work something out. When we told the sellers this, the guy said he didn't want to wait, and he wasn't interested in selling anymore. (continued)

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know this house is nice.. the there are other places out there that are just as nice.. you just have to keep looking..
    you never know what you will find out there if you don't keep looking.. and the next one may be ever nicer (and fit into your first time home deal)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Well now, it's been a few days, and he says he wants to sell again. I REALLY like the place. I feel that it's the perfect home for us, and the best deal we're going to find, if we want to buy a house within the next twenty years. My husband is sick of dealing with the guy, and the yo-yoing we're doing. What would you do? How would you respond to the guy? Would you try again? Or say you'd had enough?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'd look elsewhere. It is too much yo-yoing, as you are saying. There will be other places that don't put you through this.

Answer by Bmat at 6:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Enough!! If they keep jacking you around like this whose to say you'll get the loan, and they won't want to sell... again! I'd tell the guy to find another buyer, because you weren't dealing with his crap anymore!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would say if you can get a loan together, get a realtor and write an offer. If they sign the offer great, if not............. Move on.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009