cloth diapers?

I am thinking about using cloth diapers for my next child but have no clue about how they work? Ive seen things like inserts and covers and all in ones and prefolds and I just dont know what I need to get started or what I need to buy.Also how are you supposed to wash them etc.

KaireasMommy

Asked by KaireasMommy at 6:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• You should check out the group Cuties with cloth booties. Good Luck!!
    Anonymous

• I'm planning to cloth diaper, too. There's also a group called cloth diapering divas (I think) where moms make their own. Evidently lots of women really like cloth diapering!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• www.diaperpin.com is a great resource for getting started. I loved size 0 Kissaluvs for the early newborn stage, but after that I used a Chinese prefold folded in thirds in a tight fitting cover like Motherease Rikki wraps.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We've had a great experience with cloth diapering. We chose to spend a little more money up front and buy all in one diapers (no pins, no snappis, no separate covers). We bought one size fits all diapers that snap closed instead of velcro. Snaps last longer than velcro. We're on our second child with them, and they are going great. We dump poop in the toilet, which technically you're supposed to do with disposables anyway, and then throw everything in the wash. Comes out great! diaperpin.com and diaperjungle.com have good info. I also really like www.greenmountaindiapers.com for prefolds if you want the cheapest option.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009