no fetal movement alll day!

I have been having lower abdomen pains, which i figured were RLP for a few days now, and esp @ night when I lay down i will have a lot of BH contractions all through the night to where i cant even sleep! They do not hurt, just tighten my tummy! But today all i have felt is like 3 or 4 little tiny tiny tiny "thumps". I am 25 weeks as of this wednesday and up until now he was kicking and moving SO MUCH. i could even see it outside of my belly. It significantly decreased within the past 2 days, but today was the worst...is this normal!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• baby may just be resting more today. that would happen to me also. then the next day I would feel her move like crazy. If you are that worried, call your dr.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i dont want to freak you out but please call you dr, or the hospital right away. I have a cousin who didnt feel movement and it didnt turn out good. so please please please call your dr. theyll check on the baby for you! if anything it will ease your mind. Best wishes!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Get checked. It will keep you from worrying.

Answer by Bmat at 6:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Try this. Drink a glass of milk and eat a small snack. Then, lay down on your left side and write down every little movement you feel for the next 30 mins. You may just be missing them. If you still don't feel any and you are worried, call your ob. You should call for contractions anyway. I had contractions at 25 weeks and I was in preterm labor. If they catch it early, they can usually stop it, so get on the phone.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 7:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with the first reply, there are often times when movement decreases as baby is developing. Doctors get lots of calls from frantic women who are worried b/c they don't feel movement, but everything turns out ok. If you're really worried, call your doc, but I wouldn't let yourself be too worried.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Another thing I think could be playing into this is maybe you were busier than you realized? I am 23 weeks and feel some very strong movement sometimes, but it seems like the more I am concentrating on other things, the more physical things I do, and the more I WORRY about not feeling him, the less I notice it. I would still give your doctor a call though, cause it's fun to go in and hear the heartbeat and all!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2009