what do you think about the SC Republican operative gorilla remark about Michelle Obama?

He is not a comedian making a joke or a celebrity being stupid. He is a politician and obviously a very racist one at that.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=13991892&ch=4226716&src=news

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ok....so if you have the right moniker (comedian, entertainer ect...) then these types of comments are ok? You have carte blanche to say whatever you want? NO. That's stupid! I haven't heard the comments. Don't care. If it was ok for Letterman to make sexual comments about a young woman then anything goes........

Anonymous

• What did he say?
    Anonymous

• oh pp here......and don't start screaming racism or oppression or whatever because the BLACK man got to vote WAY before women and women are STILL being exploited and no one cares. *and I didn't mean to hit anon b4! oops.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• He's from South Carolina. what do you expect?
    Anonymous

• He's a republican!! I'm SHOCKED...Oh wait, no I'm notstick out tongue miniHow very typical of them....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• WOW! If it happens like they say it did then there was absolutely no excuse for that type of comment. Sounds like he tried to downplay it w/ another excuse about Michelle saying something about evolution, but he should have known better. That was wrong. Just plain wrong.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes anon...ONLY southerners are racist.........Isn't there a HUGE KKK group in like Montana? Bet you believe the only pedophiles in religion are in the Catholic church too......idiot.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• well anything goes right? get over it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't do the youtube thing but I am going to guess it was a not very nice remark. We seem to have a double standard here. Don Imus made a racial remark about the women's basketball team out of Rutger's and his life became a living hell. Jamie Foxx made a remark about Miley Cyrus, smiled apologized and has a life of joy and peace. David Letterman makes a remark about the Palins and it is okay. Now, its about Michelle Obama and is it okay?????? No, not in my opinion. None of them are okay. If one person is held accountable then shouldn't all of them be held to the same standards? Hello, Al Sharpton, where are you??????
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hey now, don't hate on MT. I grew up there and didn't know of racists. We didn't have a lot of black people there though. But the one's I knew were well liked and popular at school.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009