How do I get ink out of clothes?

My daughter wanted to help with the laundry and put a pen in the dryer. Some of the ink is coming out, but the big spots are not coming out. Any suggestions??

Jaime2005

Asked by Jaime2005 at 7:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I hear oxiclean is really good.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I use a product called OxiBrite (I think) made by Earth Friendly. For serious stains, I soak for two days. It evey got out washed in purple grape juice!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If it's ballpoint ink you can spray the stains with aerosol hairspray and then rewash them. This should take out the ink.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think I heard Alcohol would do it! Plain ol' Rubbing Alcohol!! I hate laundry issues! My old Washer is 25+ Years old! Sometimes if it works clothes come out Dirtier! I bought my DD who's pregnant with her 3RD Baby A Beautiful Baby Quilt! I washed it! And it came out Dirty & Icky. I'm Heartsick over this! I hope you have your issue resoved in your Favor! Best of Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009