shortness of breath??

im 27 weeks and last night before bed we started a movie and i was propped up a little against the headboard and noticed that i felt very short of breath.. its like i could not get enough air. SO thinks im over reacting but i really felt like i couldnt breathe and my heart felt like it was pumping 100x harder than normal.. i rolled over to my left side and it got a little better but i wasnt comfortable that way.. the right side made my chest feel like i was going to explode... this ever happen to anyone?

rainylittlebug

Asked by rainylittlebug at 7:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like blood pressure to me. I had major problems with that in my first pregnany. Sometimes my heart would beat so hard and so fast for no reason that it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest... I was very close to preeclampsia but never developed it thank goodness. They ran a bunch of tests on my heart too but they were all normal. I would get a BP cuff from walgreens and monitor it at home.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• oh man my baby pushes up on my lungs i think cuz i pretty frequently feel this way. it helps if you just raise your arms above your head and breath deep, in thru the nose, out through the mouth until he moves or sometimes walking helps me cuz he just kind of drops on his own. anyway good luck!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009