question about criminal background checks

a company I applied for does criminal background checks before hiring anyone. well I have 2 dui's in my past (I have a clean slate now and it will ALWAYS be that way)...will this show up, or are criminal backgrounds more to find felony charges? the job description didnt specify "must have clean driving record", and besides, It's a telecommunication position

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm guessing it will show up....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you let them know, it isn't too bad, mostly they look for felonies though. That is what I was just told the other day.
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 7:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My husband is a police officer and when before he can be hired for any position he is required to pass a background check. YES it will show up, but that may not be what the company is looking for. That could just be somthing they will over look. unfortunatley they dont' usually realize that people make mistakes and learn from them but hopefully they will and the dui's won't matter. But having 2 might be where you went wrong... It WILL show up but you'll just have to wait and see if it matters to them. Good Luck I hope you get the job!!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 8:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You can pay to get that expunged.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• nope too late to get it expunged.
    Anonymous

• I would be upfront with them, as it will appear on your background check.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009