Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there something you can do for your "down there" area to be lifted up?

I have 3 kids and delivered them all vagianlly. But now it feels kinda like my uterus is going to fall out of my body. My youngest is 13 months old now and when I asked the doc she said it would be back to normal after about a year. Well, if anything it is worse and sometimes it makes sex painful. Has anyone had this problem? Is this normal? What can I do for it? I have tried kegels and pelvic floor exercises.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

Answers (2)
  • Hi. I'm the same. My three kids are near grown and suddenly somethings out of place inside down there!! It's called prolapse. I do kegels to try to uplift myself down there. There is a mesh sling surgery that can be done for some kinds of prolapse - there's different kinds and different degrees of severity. Some prolapse surgeries have had complaints against them because of inexperience of doctors doing them. Try googling women's prolapse surgery or in the fda or cnn maybe msnbc under women's health. I haven't had anything done, just don't have time. I'd see a urogynecologist for their opinion. I had three sections years ago and my is happening within the past year or so. It can interfere with sex mechanics and comfort I know. I'm not sure if there'a group for that here onCM specifically but there is a huge medical group in CM that you can ask more questions of. I know what you're going through. It's very upsetn.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

  • So there really is nothing that you can do short of surgery? That sucks.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.