Does it sound like a nickname??

Okay. I know I have asked this question (in one form or another) like a hundred times, but please just stick with me lol. I have always loved the name Isabella, and when we found out that we were having a girl, it was just perfect. However, I didn't realize that it was so popular, and I have never been trendy lol. I now find myself cringing when someone asks me what we are going to name her, I'm always like.*sigh* Isabella.I am just torn now because I pretty much hate the name Isabella, BUT we have nicknamed her "Izzy" and I just love it. I even looked for other names that start with "Is" (to keep the Izzy nickname), but I don't like any of them either. UGH. Her middle name is going to be Irene. DO you think that Izzy Irene sounds too much like a nickname?? Or should I just stick with Isabella Irene and call her Izzy?? A little FYI on my naming style....if she were a boy, the name would be Myles Joplin......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you should name her Isabella Irene, && just call her Izzy b/c when she's grown she may want a more formal name. Then she could chosse whether she wanted to be called Isabella or Izzy. JMO
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• that was supposed to be choose* lol
    HisMommySince07

• go for it ! keep it izzy. be out of the ordinary! nevermind if people say it sounds like a nickname or not because its something you like and shes your child and have to say it your whole life! lol
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 7:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• well i would go with isabella and just call her izzy, when i was born jessica was very popular and my parents loved jessi and wanted to name me jessica but it was so popular they named me jessi, i have spent my whole life explaining that no my name is not jessica, to friends, teachers, bosses, and total strangers that go oh my names jessica too! it gets very annoying and repetitive.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thank you *vabchmommy* that is exactly what I was afraid of, having her have to explain to everyone that her name was just Izzy. I think I will just stick with Isabella and just introduce her to everyone as Izzy, hopefully it will save her a lot of trouble when she gets older. Thank you all :)
    Anonymous

• haha im a little bias b/c my daughter's name is Isabella although i chose it to name her after my grandmother i then noticed how many of them they were lol but I think that you should stick with Isabella and then call her Izzy just b/c when she is older for jobs and things like that she might want to go by Isabella
    muppetsmom619

Answer by muppetsmom619 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I thought I chose a unique name for my son, Rashaad (Ra Sha ODD), but nope, nope! Every day I run across a Rashad or a Rashada.... They all have the same nickname Shaadie. I have always introduced him by his full name, but when people get to know him they just start calling him Shaadie. I say go with Isabella, because people will call her Izzy anyway. I feel bad for people just named Beth.... they go through their whole life saying Beth is my whole name, not Elisabeth, Bethanny, or Bethanne.... It is just plain old Beth. I go through it because my name is Tasha just Tasha, not KaTasha, Natasha, Latasha.... either way people always end up calling me Tash. By the way I love the name Myles! Good luck with the namin!!!
    Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OMG I LOVE her name if she were a he! LOL Myles Joplin
    Anyway... Izzy as a first name is too nicknamey. Isabella Irene is pretty... but if you don't like it anymore... what about names that END in "iz"
    Aliz, Adaliz
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Another name I just found that I think is pretty...
    Izaria
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you don't like Isabella, find a name with the Iz sound in it.
    It would be awful to name her something then regret it after.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009