Moving on...

How do you move on from a relationship that gave you wonderful years, beautiful kids and a whole lot of shared property, emotions and love?? Especially if you still love the person and can't phatom seeing them with another woman ?!?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• There is no formula other than time. I know that sucks as an answer, but if your EX has moved on, you don't have much of a choice. I'd make a good list regarding yourself and refer to it when you feel down. You will always have a connection through your children, but do you want to chase after someone who does not want you anymore? My best advice is don't become a back-door girl either (there for sex and then kicked to the curb). It won't help you move on. There is counselling and many books about this that may help.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You get yourself some counseling to help you. Lean on friends and family. If he's done with the relationship, you're going to have to get past the fact that he's with other women. It'll be hard as hell, but there isn't anything you can really do to change it, so you need to just get help for yourself so you can keep your mind peaceful for your own sake and your children's.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• omg its like ur are reading a page from my life!!! :( i feel the same OP.
    Anonymous

• moving on isnt going to be a breezer but make the most out of what you can do. take a vacation with the girls for a few days, keep yourself busy- take your children out and have fun- get their mind of of it as well. with me I change something about myself, whether its a hair cut, hait color, piercing or tattoo, job- something about a simple change morphs me into a new start.
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 7:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Maybe you SHOULD picture them with another woman. That should help you to move on. Not being mean, just thinking of ways to help you out. If you keep thinking of him as your's only then it's hard to break away. I like the reason and season thing. That way I can fade into a new season without feeling cheated or hurt. I just tell myself that my time with him is over and it's time to see what life brings in the new season. You still have the connection if you have children so it's not like it's a total waste of years being thrown away. We just go see what else life has to offer us.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009