Itchy and leaking nipples...

I'm 29 weeks pregnant [7 1/2 months], over the past week or two my nipple has been really itchy, and last night this clear liquid came out, and still is today. I don't think there is anything wrong, but I just want to know what it is and how to stop the itching! Anyone have any advice?

JuwansMommy

Asked by JuwansMommy at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• colostrum its the premilk that baby gets for the first few days. there is nothing you can do to stop it from coming in until after you have baby (if you don't plan on breastfeeding you will stop leaking after about 1-2 weeks) you can go get nursing pads to wear in your bra for the time being, and for the itchiness, i carried a small bottle of lotion in my purse and when i started to itch i went to the bathroom b/c it drove me insane and i'd end up walking around w/my arms crossed over my chest trying to itch them that way. the lotion would help for about a few hours, think i used it maybe 4 times a day
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the itching is because your boobs are growing theres nothing you can do about either of them lol welcome to being pregnant!
    Anonymous

• cocoa butter :) lather them up lol it doesn't help much but it helps a little
    javila

Answer by javila at 8:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i have the same problem...i got a special lotion that is for nursing mothers...it is used for cracked and dry nipples and it helps soooo much you won't believe....you can get it any drug store like rite-aid or Walgreens.

AlecsMommy07

Answer by AlecsMommy07 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009