What book is a "must read" for the summer?

What book should I read over the summer? I'm not asking for the kids, I'm asking for me. What should I not miss out on reading?

comfycouch

Asked by comfycouch at 7:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just finished The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox (can't remember the author's name...) and it was really good. I liked The Secret Life of Bees, too. I'm just starting Water for Elephants now. I brought a bunch of books with me on vacation LOL. I also have The Memory Keeper's Daughter in my bag to read. I can't remember any of the author's names though.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The Shack or I really like anything by Karen Kingsbury.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• For me? I will take a 'classic' over any 'popular' book of today! WALDEN would be a great summer read! I am thinking of reading it AGAIN...

surprisingly...it did not make the top 100 list! ughh!

... It may take more than 'A' Summer to read them all. LOL Here is a link to review! Happy Reading!

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Fasle Memory by Dean Koonts!! It is by far the best psychological thriller i have ever read. I hated when that book ended! It's really long, but it is such a good book!! =)
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am enjoying books by Susan Wiggs. I am ALWAYS a HUGE fan of Nora Roberts, JD Robb, Judith Mc Naught, and Lori Wick as well ... but I've read everything they have out so now I am onto Susan.
    ServinGsus

Answer by ServinGsus at 8:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The Summerhouse.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• twilight lol i love those books!!! absolutely the greatest. but i also like nora roberts books
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• have you read anything by Jodi Picoult? I recommend her books, they twist, turn, make you laugh, cry and keep you reading....long after you should have done the dishes or gone to bed! The first book I read of hers was My Sisters Keeper, which is now becoming a movie. So I recommend reading that especially if you are an avid movie watcher too!
    MYnKURTMOM

Answer by MYnKURTMOM at 9:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
    MiSSHiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiSSHiSCAMP0S at 10:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If not for the Grace of God by Joyce Meyer....most definitely!
    akamamalindsey

Answer by akamamalindsey at 11:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009