Are sexual fantasies sins?

Ok, I was reading a reply and it implied that sexual fantasies are a sin (not saying that they have been carried out). So, are they really? I don't think they are, but, I'm not a Christian, so there are things that I don't do for personal reasons, not because I think they are sins.
And, if they are, how? I mean, we can not control what we dream of. And just because you dream of it, doesn't mean it's gonna happen. I have certain dreams about a certain WWE wrestler, but I know they are NEVER going to happen.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know sexual thoughts are just as bad as actually cheating or having premarital sex. But as far as dreams really it depends on why your dreaming if your lusting after that person and have sexual dreams about them constantly I don't know because thatis a kind of controlled dream. But if it's randomn I don't think so.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• just depends on what it is though, some people fantasize about raping and doing school girls and sh*t down that line ....now thats a lil F*cked.
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 8:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• lust is a sin
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with fantasies. As long as they are kept in a persons head and they are not sick then who cares. Then again I am not a Christian.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• you really can't help what you dream, but sexual thoughts about another person, while you are awake, yes that is a sin. It's lust && I'm not a bible thumper or anything, actually my SO informed me of this, according to the bible, if you have sexual thoughts of someone other than your spouse, then you may as well be cheating b/c in your head you already have...
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• LOL a wrestler huh. Cena, HHH, CMP???? Got me curious. Can't control the dreams in your head and dreams are not always what they seem to be. They must be interpreted. But yes lust is a sin and you shouldn't be thinking it blah blah blah. It's also a very natural primal instinct to look for the cream of the crop so to speak. Find a good strong mate to ensure survival. As long as you keep some of them to yourself I think it's fine. I'm guilty of lust with a fictional character in my dreams. At least your fantasy actually exists. But we are all going to sin at some point in time so I wouldn't worry as long as you don't act on it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Oh now do tell. Who is the wrestler? A little eye candy never hurt a body...LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Just cause you're on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu. WWE is on now. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Ohh - John Cena? Woohoo! LOL
    As my momma always says - look, but don't touch!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Oh heck yea John Cena. I like that line 2autisticsmom.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2009