14 yo daughter

I think she may be sexually active, I'm not to sure about the pill however
any other moms worried or not to sure about putting their teen on birth control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It's better to have them on the pill then not to be protected at all and get pregnant so young.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the anon. It's better to have her on the pill than to rely on her and the guy she's with using condoms. Though you should buy her a pack of them too to try and help keep her from getting an STD. Have her talk with her doctor, get a pap and get on the pill or the patch or whatever will suit her best.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 8:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would take her to the doctor and read with her the "sex has a price tag" I would be all up in her business. actually I am with my son and he says mom you care too much. I say yes I am and hug him tight. Forget the pregnancy what about all the aids and stds and the emotional pain later from being sexually active. Its hard to get over the pain at times. Good luck !
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would at least take her to the doctor to have them talk to her and see what is best for her...
    mxmtaylor

Answer by mxmtaylor at 9:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If she is sexually active, get her on birth control. Better safe than sorry. Also, teach her about condoms and disease prevention. Talk to her about responsibility and that if she does get pregnant then she will be held responsible for her actions. I have a son that will be 13 in a few weeks and he knows all about condoms, disease prevention and being responsible. He learned about STD's and such in health class and from me and he recently told me about all the nasty STD's and what they can do to a person. He also told me that he wasn't risking catching one and he won't be having sex until he is atleast 21. I hope he keeps that attitude.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I worry all the time, my 16 yr son has a girlfriend. We speak openly about sex, stds, pregnancy. He says he is not ready for that. I am so worried. I dont let them spend anytime alone, but if they want to do it I know they will find a way. WOW! Would you buy condoms and place them on his dresser????
    Anonymous

• I lost my virginity at 12 (raped) did it willingly at 14. I would say talk to her, Get her on BC but tell her, if she's not doing it that just because you have her a BC doesn't mean you are giving her permission to do it, and if she is doing it at least you know she's less likely to get pregnant. Get her condomns, because even on BC its possible to get preggo, not to mention condoms protect against stds. I'd say do the patch, because the pill is so easy to forget to take. I was 19 when i got pregnant, had my son at 20.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 8:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• To the post above me... Yes If you think he might be going to get himself into a situation and there might be a chance for sex. Yes I would buy him some. We are going thru some of the same stuff with my DD and her BF. It is an oop's if they just get together and it happens. But you can't say oop's if you are pretty sure they are fooling around. Then it becouse a problem for the whole family to figure out. So, I say yes to condoms and birth control. Cause you remember back at your teenage yrs and tell me if you could date someone and always say no.... If you got the chance...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have had sooo many talks with my dd about sex and bc. It is so important. Make sure that she understands what a big deal sex is. I don't think kids really do. It can change even a good relationship. And at that age there is no way she is prepared for the emotional side of it. Having said that...there is nothing we can really do to stop them if they really want to. She has to know how to be safe. The pill can help but you still need a condom. And if you do put her on the pill tell her it is not in any way you giving her permission to have sex, it is keeping her safe. Which is our #1 job as moms.
    Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Get her tested for STDs; if you haven't already, have the banana and condom talk with her (yes, you have to have it with girls, too). The rest should be between her and her doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009