Would you have helped this person.....?

I just pulled up in my yard taking the groceries out my truck and this older guy in a pickup truck pulled in my yard. He asked me if I knew this person that lived in the area. So I told him no. Then he asked me for a phone book so I went in the house and got one of my extra phone books and gave him one. As I was walking back to the house he asked if he could use my phone. Now I was a little bit suspicious because this was going a little too far. I told him no and informed him that there was a payphone up the road. Was this being rude knowing that I did have a phone that he could use? Seem like he was old enough to be my daddy, but......

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 8:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Mind now, I told him that he can have the phonebook that I gave him. My mom told me I should have helped him because it could have been Jesus calling....
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• better safe than sorry.you did more than I would have frankly!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'd have let him use my cellphone while we were in the yard (we don't have a house phone and our minutes are unlimited, even long distance), but I would not have let him into my house if we only had a house phone.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• if it was a cordless i would have let him... he could have been lost...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would of did exactly what you did and that's it! You can't trust anyone nowadays! Especially just some man you don't know. You did the right thing. And don't worry Jesus will call again. :)
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I probably would have told him I didnt have a phone book.

I believe you were kind to him, but protective. Perfect, I believe Jesus wants us to protect our families, not be stupid ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You can't let a stranger into your house. You did the right thing.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't even have gotten the phone book. That's an opportunity for someone to get you to put down your groceries and then they follow you inside! I definitely wouldn't have let him use my house phone, but a cell phone maybe.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thinking about it now if he would have opened that door I would have been in the house. QUICK!

Good point though.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• you did the right thing. and yes you never know when your entertaining an angel but at the same time you never know when you might be put in a dangerous position im sure god would understand your protecting yourself lol for real though
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009