Walking with my kids

I wanted to start walking with my kids because i need to loss weight. i want to walk 30 min a day my oldest is under weight and the DR said he needs to gain 3lbs this summber would that be bad if he was walking with me?

mammaboyz113

Asked by mammaboyz113 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I would be sure that he is getting plenty of good quality calories. Remember, that when you expend more energy than the calories you take in, you would lose weight. Walking is an excellent "controlled" exercise for families, esp. children. It helps them learn to stay with parents, it gives them time to interact and have fun conversation, and of course, the obvious sunshine and natural Vit. D and fresh air.

His calorie intake should be from good quality food and not junk food, which makes the body unhealthy. Fast foods, sugar and sugar drinks are the biggest culprits to poor health and poor minds. It doesn't allow the body to build. :)

I wouldn't worry about your little guy. Have fun, serve only good food and he'll grow like he should. ;)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• How old is he, my dd is 3.5 and I recently started walking to loose weight, she slows me down, so I put her in a little tykes push car so I can go fast and she likes being pushed.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Let her ride in a wagon or push her in a stroller. She'll enjoy it, and you'll burn more calories.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• He 6 years old and i baby is 1 and i push him in the stroller
    mammaboyz113

Answer by mammaboyz113 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• walking dosnt always mean that you loose weight. it works for most adults but usually with kids it just builds muscle.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think walking would be good for him. Make sure he is getting plenty of protien and like they said don't give bad calories just so he will gain. My dd does better when we walk somewhere. We walk to the library, rent a video, get a snow cone, to see horses, or on a trail at the state park. She can walk pretty far if we are talking and going somewhere.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think that it would build muscles on the kiddo. My dd is 3 1/2 and has strong leg and thigh muscles from swimming. Good luck on the walk!
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 7:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009