Why do some men freak out about you being pregnant??

My bf and I of 3 years pretty much planned on having a child and ever since I found out we were pregnant, he's been absent. He doesn't seem excited, though he does want the baby. Just don't think he wants me anymore. I went through a rough 1st trimester, mainly emotionally, and wasn't very interested in sex.
So now he has it in his mind that I'm Mary Poppins, I'm disquisted in him b/c I didn't want to have sex(though that department started improving a few weeks ago) but since then, he hasn't been there emotionally so of course I'm not interested in sex all over again!!
We just can't seem to get it right. Tried a counclor, I've still be talking to her, trying to get myself right. I used to be excited about the pregnancy, now I'm not at all, scraied I'm about to be doing it all alone.
He only wants to talk about future plans with the child, not fixing our relationship, which tells me it's over. Don't know what to do?

dec09m2b

Asked by dec09m2b at 8:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Responsibility is scarey to them!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Men can be self-conscious too. Women aren't the only ones who worry about not being sexually attracted to their mates, or about if they'll be a good parent or not, or if they're really ready for this. You say YOU have tried counseling, but have you gone together?
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 8:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah well he's 38 yrs old, time to grow up!! Owns his own business but is quite the partier! Some guys never grow up I guess!
    dec09m2b

Answer by dec09m2b at 8:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yeah we both went the first time. He was just so angry! I don't know why he is so angry at me???
    dec09m2b

Answer by dec09m2b at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• B/c he didn't really want one
    Anonymous

• That sounds like most men. I guess they like the idea more once the baby is born.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• What was his relationship with his father,was he there for him and was his father there for his mother?I think he is afraid of loosing his independence being a parent makes him think he'll be tied down,so he's not ready to be a parent.But I think once the child comes and he see's this person he made, he will get attached to it,and then he will learn and want to sacrifice his time like a parent.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 9:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my x moved out every time he got me pregnant. some men just are not into pregnancy

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2009