What does NIP stand for?

I see it everywhere in people's siggies, and I have no clue what it stands for. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe it means nursing in public. I don't know why that would be in someone's signature though...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Nursing in public -- it means they don't hide in a bathroom or stay home all the time to feed their babies.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Is it a big deal to brag about or something? No wonder people flip out when they see someone NIP! omg loooooooooook at me! I'm NIP!!!!! LOL.
    Anonymous

• LOL Anon, you've probably seen countless women NIP and just don't realize it. Most women are pretty discreet about it - in this stunted culture, they have to be. That's one reasoning behind saying "I'm a NIP mama!" it lets other people know that it IS DONE, that you don't have to hide in a public bathroom or wean so you can leave the house, that it can fit into your life. NIP doesn't mean taking off your top and putting on a show. It means living your life, while being a breastfeeding mama and meeting your child's needs as they arise. It means, I don't think breastfeeding is shameful, dirty, or embarrassing - it's a part of life and it fits in my life. How that's a bad message, I just don't know. If it works for some mamas, then it works for them.

People flip out about seeing someone NIP because they've been conditioned by ignorance to see it as something gross or immoral. NIP is part of showing an alternative perspective.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I nursed in public several times, with a blanket covering of course. Not that I have anything too hot to show off! I didn't think it was that big of a deal though.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• heh heh heh....you said NIP
    Anonymous

• I've only seen it from sellers on Ebay---meaning New In Package.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2009