Submissive Wives?

You know everyone talks about the breastfeeding nazis on Cafemom and the vaccine nazis but what about the submissive wife nazis? Hellloooo just admit you bow down to your hubby to get a better lay already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh wow...!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't bow down to my husband to get a better lay. I treat my husband like a man. I don't walk all over him. I take good care of him. And in return, I get a man who likes to come home and who takes good care of me. We are a team, but, yes, I do treat him as the head of the household, and in return, we talk about major decisions and make them together. If he's really really against something, we don't do it, whether I want to or not...but, if he can tell that I really really want to do it, he's 9 times out of 10 more than willing.

I have an amazing marriage, and am semi-submissive (he's not the BOSS, he's the head of the household), but I'm not a "nazi".
    misselphaba

Answer by misselphaba at 9:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am not a fan of the "submissive" wife role. I guess whatever works for your family. I do not need to submit to my husband to make him "feel like a man," he is a man already and doesn't need me to prove it for him. We are a team, we have no problem balancing decisions, generally. Whoever feels the strongest about an issue gets the say if we disagree. Sometimes I have to give in for the sake of harmony, sometimes he has to.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• misselphaba then you are not submissive so it doesn't apply to you
    Anonymous

----------------------------------
    this is how I feel we have a partnership it's great. I could never be submissive I value myself to much and have a very high self steem
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ITA with ny.chica
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i think people get the wrong definition of what submissive means, it doesnt mean be a slave or any thing of that sort. it just means at times you put your wants and needs to the side for your husband just like you do for you kids.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• wow... lol, i hope you're trying to be funny... being a submissive wife doesn't have anything to do with being a doormat or "bowing down" to our husbands. To get a better understanding you can read more here.

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• "wow... lol, i hope you're trying to be funny... being a submissive wife doesn't have anything to do with being a doormat or "bowing down" to our husbands. To get a better understanding you can read mor"

Well said!

Hey, OP..

Sounds like someone is just slightly repressed.

To each their own, lady.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• And by the way.. Maybe some people LIKE to be submissive.. or dominant.. or both. ;) REGARDLESS of gender. Whether sexually, emotionally, or anything else. There's nothing wrong with it in ANY capacity, so long as there is informed consent from all parties. The only time 'submission' and 'dominance' in a relationship dynamic can be considered 'wrong' or 'bad' or 'weak' is when someone is using someone else specifically as a doormat because they want to control them in a BAD, ABUSIVE way.

*shakes head*

There are many different forms of submission and dominance, OP. perhaps you should learn about them before you are rude regarding them.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009