Spider Veins on a three yr old??

My son is three years old and has spider veins on his face. I noticed them when he was a baby but they where not bad but they seem to be getting worse and there are more of them. Is this normal? Should I take him to the doctor and what could be a possible treatment to get rid of them? I have tried do some research but cant find much on the topic. They dont seem to bother him but because they are getting worse makes me worried.

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It could be a sign of something wrong with his liver, or MUCH more likely it's just hereditary. I would ask the doc though and see if he has any other red flags for liver conditions or just google around and get an idea of what to approach his doc with. Also, there are places that do cosmetic surgery to get rid of them, you can also ask your doc for a referral, call your insurance company to see what they cover and through whom, or just call around a few places in the area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2009