Can i put hand sanitizer on my 3.5 month old?

hes only 3 1/2 months old.
if i let it dry before he puts his hands in his mouth can i?
im afraid of those germs hes putting in his mouth. Baby soap isnt antibacterial u know..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do not put sanitizer on any young baby!! i wouldn't recommend it for any child under 6 at least. they do not need it. just make sure he doesn't put dirty things in his mouth and wash his hands frequently. u can use baby wipes to wipe his hands throughout the day. babies are not gonna get a little germ on their hand and die a violent death because of it. do not use sanitizer!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm sure he's fine without, babies throughout time have survived without hand sanitizer!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hmm I think it might be a little harsh for his delicate skin.
    I just use soap and water.
    Maybe ask his doctor to be safe
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would use bacterial wipes or something, I don't think a 3.5 month old touches too much and using sanitizer would be a little too extreme.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yea but be sure to call poisen controll after!!!!!! NO! ur baby is way to little, stop wryn and use a whipe or just soap
    Anonymous

• its BRECK FOR KIDS.
    it doesnt say an age on it. still no?
    Anonymous

• That stuff seems a little toxic for such a young baby. Unless the baby has been playing in something that you know is really just yuck (i.e. raw chicken, dog poo, etc), I would think some soap or even a baby wipe would do this trick.
    MamaBuma

Answer by MamaBuma at 9:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't. When you use that stuff on your baby it would be drying for one... and two you are killing the GOOD bacteria that keep him healthy as well leaving room for all the icky germs
    Anything in your home he should already be immune to and you shouldn't worry about at all
    And in public he's really too small to get into anything you should have to worry about.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No no no, let his little body get used to the germs and build his immune system. I dont mean put him in the dirt but let him put toys and things in his hands. They need to build their immune systems somehow otherwise they can be very sick when older.

My DD is 15 weeks too and I just use warm water or a baby wipe. Works a treat. have wiped all her toys over and now she just sucks and plays. Not a sign of sickness or allergies
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• As a new mom, I can understand why you are concerned about germs. But no, I would have to say do not use sanitizer.

1. This is very harmful to baby's skin and can be absorbed into the blood.
    2. Hand sanitizer for casual use is never a good idea, no matter how old you are. Your child will never have a fighting chance against infections.

But do not forget, you can ask your ped things like this... that is what they are there for, and good luck! Congrats on the baby!
    gracesmom911

Answer by gracesmom911 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009