Do you have a better education and make more money than your husband? How does he feel about it?

Mine seems cool with it, he helped me get through school and now it's his turn.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would say that is up to interpretation. I count basic street smarts and all knowledge acquired outside of a schoolastic environment, but not everyone does!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i do...we never really talk about it. he makes very close to me, but I went to college and he didn't. I agree with PP, with including street smarts and "common sense" into the equation, and on that note, we're equals. we never really had an issue about the college thing, he always says he's got more common sense...i tend to agree. LOL
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 9:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• next spring i will graduate with my B.S. in Business. so i will have a higher degree than him, he only holds an associates and has no desire to go beyond that. he loves his job, he makes shit money, but the benefits are awesome... i'm a stay at home mom, i go to school full time, and babysit kids here and there... in 3 years i will have my MBA so i will be the bread winner and neither of us has any problem with that... i plan on making alot of money but he's still going to be working regardless ;-)
    Anonymous

• I have the degree,but,my dear husband who is much older than me can hardly read,makes way more than me ,he acturally makes 37.50 an hour on one job,and own his own side business. I am very lucky to have him in my life.
    Anonymous

• My Ex husband felt VERY threatened by it. My DH is right the opposite... he treats me like his personal dictionary or something; actually seems very proud that I am smart. He freely admits that school was not his thing and he accepted and adjusted well to being a blue-collar man. He's done good for himself - worked his way to making more than me. When we first met though - my base salary was higher than his - he didn't mind.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009