4 month old?

Just curious how much your 4 month old weighs?
My daughter will be 4 months this week and only weighs 11.6lbs...She is so tiny. She has been gaining afew oz every week. She was 8lbs at birth.
She has her 4 month appt next week and I'm scared my doctor is going to pressure me to give her formula.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think my son was already around 15 pounds or so by then, he is 10 months now and 22 pounds
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My son was 15lbs but they told me he's big......
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i guess i shuld have added he was born a month early and weighed 7lbs 2oz when he was born
    iheartkewi

Answer by iheartkewi at 9:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Does she eat enough when latched on? Are you feeding her cereal or anything like that to see if that helps? My daughter weighed 16lbs 9oz. She was only 23 inches long. Shes rolly!!!
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 9:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i thin kGavin was about 15 or 16 pounds he's 10 months now and he's 23 lbs!!! Big Boy!!! i'm always worried they are going to tell me that he's too big! i feel your pain.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 9:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• mine only weighed bout 11lbs at 4 months shes 6 months 2 weeks now and weighs 15lbs and 29 inches tall and twiggy! if dr's think your baby is fine then your ok :)
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• 'Does she eat enough when latched on? Are you feeding her cereal or anything like that to see if that helps? My daughter weighed 16lbs 9oz. She was only 23 inches long. Shes rolly!!! '

She eats lots! about every 2 hours, and once in the night. She has a great latch (lactaction consultants and nurses have both told me) and she is content between feeds. And she has lots of pees and poops.
    I just really want to continue breastfeeding.
    I thought about cereal but I thought I would wait to see what my dr says.

I'm not sure how long she is now, but at her 2 month appt she was 23 inches so she has to be like 25 or so now. Her legs are so long and she has a long skinny neck too, hardly any rolls.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• its ok that shes tiny mine is in 97% for height and 10-25% for weight wears newborn shorts and is almost 7 months lol each baby is different
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think my dd was about 15 lbs by then.. but I forget.. right now she's 25lbs and is 17 months
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hey there my DD is 15 weeks and is 13.22 pounds. She was born at 7.2 pounds. Don't worry she is a little one too and seems a lot smaller than the other buddas I see. Even though she is eating formula (I lost my milk at 4 weeks after a terrible stress :( ) She just seems to be little. And healthy and happy.

I also give her cereal (for her reflux) which has helped her weight and she seems more content now. She is so active aswell which surprises me and makes me think she should eat more!! Dont stress it ... as long as she is NOT loosing weight she is fine and that she is content is your biggest indication that she is happy and healthy.

Good luck at the docs
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009