my son has mild autism and he crys all the time how do get him to stop cring all the time.

my just crys all the time all the time he crys two hours at night before falling alsleep how to fix that and hope some will help please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• dose he talk at all? Maybe there is something in the room that is bothering him try asking him why he cries every night if he dose talk & see what he tells you.

Autistics are sensitive to light, sound & textures. is it bright in his room, or to dark? Dose he have a fan that makes a noise or maybe it is to quit & he can here things out side that scare him. Maybe his sheets & blankets are itchy or they might be made out of a fabric that he doesnt like the feel of.

usmom3

Answer by usmom3 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Usmom3 had some good suggestions.

One other I would make it to stir up his routine. I know that autistic children often times are into a certain routine, so maybe if you change his routine, he will break out of a pattern of crying.

Maybe the crying has become part of his routine.

For instance, instead of reading in his room and putting him down in his bed. Try watching a show, and letting him sleep in your room for a night or two.

Just made that up, just to show you what I mean. Do one or two things different. Just to see if you can pop his mind out of his crying jags. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Let us know what his nightly routine is or does he have one? What does he do first, middle, last before bed? Does he have speech or how does he get his wants and needs met. Does he maybe need to do something relaxing before he goes to bed? Give me some more information.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• he gets bath and tv and then then little water then its bed
    handymanny

Answer by handymanny at 10:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009