Relocating to Oregon

have you ever been? Can you give me any tips or yummy places to go eat...what about the beaches which are the best etc...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what part of oregon are you moving to?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 9:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Portland, but it is not definate yet. We would like to do some more research. What are the best areas? and community colleges.
    Anonymous

• I live just up the road in Wa and we love the coast, Portland you name it. You've got to go to Powells books in Portland, and then swing by VooDoo donuts. Asroria is kind of a quirky little town, we love to drive up and down highway 101, it is so beautiful.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Oregon's a big state---what area are you looking at? They are VERY liberal down there. Stay away from Portland, but Salem is nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What's bad about being around liberal people? also I hear they are not very diverse 90% white. Are they racial?
    Anonymous

• Just curious - how or who did you "hear" "they" weren't diverse from? Are you speaking from personal experience or hear say?
    I don't believe Oregonians or Portlanders to be racial - but then again, I've only lived here for about 30 years.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2009

• Anyway, to answer the question, beaches: Canon Beach, Seaside, Lincoln City, Astoria, Pacific City & my all time fave - Brookings.
    There are a LOT of excellent places to eat & many different types of cuisine to choose from. Thai, Vietnamese, Ethiopian, American, Greek, Mexican, Italian, Sushi, Japanese, Chinese...the list goes on (pretty diverse for 'racists'). It just depends on what you like to eat & which pocket of Portland you move to.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2009