My daughter has a Big round spot on her chest, what do you think it could be

We have noticed it yesterday its round kinda like ring worm. i dont think its that because, not to long ago she had a bug bite there and now we have this big thing in place of it. she also broke out on her tummy, with some kind of reaction to something. We have given her Benadryl. Today it has got smaller in size no more marks on her tummy but not sure what i should put on this ochhy of hers.. Anyone have suggestions I can send a picture if needed..

sunshine08854

Asked by sunshine08854 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son got ringworm last summer. We are very aware of germs and illnesses so needless to say, I was pretty surprised he came down with this. His ringworm was located on his back shoulder-blade. It basically looked like a pink fruitloop. We put anti-fungal cream on it and within a couple of weeks it was gone. You're more than welcome to send me a pic and I'll let you know if it's anything like my son's. Good Luck!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 9:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Take your child to the doctor, it could be ring worm, an allergic reaction to the bug bite, an allergy to food or something in the air. If Benadryl isn't working then you need something stronger.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Lymes disease can also look like ringworm. Does it look like like a bulls eye? I would take her to the doctor to be checked just in case, especially if you live in a wooden area. You can google pictures of it to see if it looks similar.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:29 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• definatley go to the doctor my son got ringworm on his leg in preschool, i was horrified, i pt on gloves and put antifungal cream on it then covered it with a big bandaid so it wouldnt spread, and it didnt. Take her to the doctor to check for lyme disease just in case
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Take her to dr to make sure that it isnt the bulls eye shaped spot that is an indication of lymes disease.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am a nurse and it sounds like Lymes, especially since there was a bite there before. Stay off the over the counter medicine for now to help control the break outs. But it also could be ringworm, so I recommend taking them to see their doctor. Good Luck.
    mcdorman01

Answer by mcdorman01 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009