is it worth it to buy a cricut??

i do alot of crafts but its expensive to me.

Asked by khmymommi at 9:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've got one and used it a lot at first but lately I seem to be lending it out more often than using it myself. It does some really useful things but the cartridges are expensive. If you do buy one try to wait until around Christmas to buy the cricut and cartridges...they are often half off at Michaels crafts around the holidays.

Answer by l-momoftwo at 9:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Think it would be nice to have one , but I too like you think that it is pretty expensive. And then to have to buy more of the extra's to do extra things .. wish we could just rent them for a week or so. when we wanted to get ready for somthing, like a party , graduation or wedding or somthing

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My suggestion is if you really want one, and think you would use it, then look on Craigslist or some other place like that. You can find them on there cheaper than the store.

Answer by mommytoadam at 10:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• you can get them at wal-mart abd hobby lobby cheap

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• go on blackfriday or whatever that big shopping day is after thanksgiving, you can get one really cheap!

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• IDK.. I love my BigKick (sizzix)... it was an investment but I think well worth it. Depending on the type of crafts you do, big investments like that can really pay off! If you have any small crafting/scrapbook stores in your area, check for demo's... then you can use it before you buy

Answer by LuminousMom at 4:23 AM on Jun. 18, 2009