Would you or did you let your childs birth be vidoe taped?

So we were just talking this evening and out of the blue he goes "hey i get to bring hte camcorder for this birth since we only had the digital with Jr... I'm going NO WAY! he is like dead set on video taping the labor and birth.. he got a pic of my oldest son coming out and i could ve about killed him! yes birth and pregnancy are beautiful BUT my Hoohah all bloody with a head coming out of it is NOT! I told him he can video tape all he wants after our son is born and cleaned up and everything but i really do not want all that bloody mess and me screaming and being all sweaty on video.. im sorry if this sounds selfish to anyone but no one i want to know (including myslef and my son when hes older) would really want to see that.. so im just wondering is anyone video taping the birth.. or does anyone agree with me..

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We don't have a video camera, but if we did, it would get left at home. I totally agree with you. I don't mind the regular camera and even agree to pics of the actual birth, because I figure, if I really hate them in a few months I can always just delete the ones with my vagina in them. Even if I don't hate them, I'm not going to go around sharing them with anyone other than me, my husband, and our daughter when she's older.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My family took pictures, but I'm with you. that's not really something I'm gonna be sittin around the house in 10yrs going, "hey let's watch the home video of ____ being born." It's just a little too graphic for me, but to each his own....
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i feel completely different. i wish my husband did have a video recorder when my dd was born. i find myself thnk of that day so many times i wishi could just watch it on tv. less stress on the brain. plus who knows if it may come in handy one day when she's being defiant? i can just pull out the tape and say " THIS IS WHAT I WENT THRU FOR YOU!! NOW GO DO THE DISHES!"lol
    Anonymous

• I agree with you we've already discussed this and said NO WAY to my hubby videotaping the birth of our son, I want my hubby concentrating on helping me get through labor/contractions not on videotaping something that while I know is natural is disgusting to watch.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wanted to do it, because to show your teen daughter that might be a damn good method of birth control!
    LOL
    I would have made sure I made it look very dramatic and SUPER painful too!
    as soon as I THOUGHT she may have been sexually active I would make her sit down and watch it.
    scare the bajesus out of her!
    thank god though I have no video recorder, or any daughters!

I do agree though-kind of nasty thought, sitting down and watching that- the last thing I want to see is a GIANT hole and blood and gore and nasty.
    Pictures are good enough for me, I would rather remember the beautiful part (AFTER THE BABY COMES OUT AND IS CLEANED OFF)
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• im with you there, hon. let me put it to you this way. my dd (11 mopnths) was a pretty big baby with a huge head. 8 lb 15.5 oz / her head was 15.5 cm around. my epidural did not work. i went completely and totally hysterical. can't hardly remember it. while i would like to see my face when i first saw/ held her, i would not want to see the whole performance,no thank you. p.s. be glad your hubby wants to be involved, though, mine slept through all 21 hrs of labor and only woke up because the nurse told him to wake up and be there for me or get the hell outta my room.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 10:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009