When bfing in public is it nececary to cover up with a blanket as long as your not showing your whole breast?

IM just curiuos.. i couldnt bf the first time and i really want to and i will do it in public if he hungry but i dont want to offend people but what if he doesnt like the blanket.. any suggestions

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I always coverd it up with a light blanket. My children just got use to it. ( besides I didn't want to draw attention to myself or offend anyone that might have young children with them )
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I covered up out of respect for others. It's totally up to you. You can be a proud breastfeeding mom without flaunting it. As for your baby liking or disliking the blanket, I think they actually don't care.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think YES....breastfeeding is a lovely thing between a baby and mother....and does not need to be seen by the rest of the world.
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 9:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm laughing out loud.. because today, my daughter ripped off the blanket.. kept unlatching and let milk spray everywhere.. and was struggling and making a huge scene. Fortunately.. only a couple women were around. I have done it very discreetly w/o a blanket, just kind of angling myself and holding a burp cloth.. and she cooperated well. Seems like the blanket makes her wild... I don't blame her, it's getting too warm out.. and she likes to look at me. I am most comfortable if I can find an out of the way place.
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 9:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I covered up with a blanket one time. One time was all it took. Sweet little baby girl grabbed said blanket, and as she whisked it off of me she also let go of the breast leaving yours truly exposed for all the world to see. I resorted to nursing bra tanks, and loose fitting shirts after that. Very easy to deal with, and if she let go whoosh the shirt instantly covers. Non revealing as well.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• its best to cover up but there are some places that will still make a big deal about it. it happend to me and i was coverd but i was told that if i was giong to do that then i needed to leave.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I use the fitting rooms at dept stores or a chair in the ladies room if I'm at a mall. I was so desperate once and was going to use a bathroom stall, but there was no cover for the seat, and a nice lady gave me a private room near the employee lunch room at a grocery store. I guess its best to try to time outings just after feeding, but that is not possible all the time. You can always sit in your car. But do try to be discreet or you will invite unnecessary criticism.
    oregonmom22

Answer by oregonmom22 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I never cared what strangers thought. My breast was never exposed and there was no way that I would force my child to eat in a bathroom. Be proud of feeding your baby and don't worry about idiots.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009