Do you ever get nervous when you make certain foods?

I used to completely avoid making chicken because I was scared that I'd undercook it. Now I make it, but I'm still scared that I'll undercook it. I usually end up overcooking it >: / Good thing my fiance works in a restaurant and knows how to properly cook chicken!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Chicken has never scared me, although I see why it might be scary. That and pork. I hated going over to friend's houses though, when they boiled the chicken for 30 minutes and then bbq'd it, talk about overcooking! Chicken can be made extremely well, and juicy and not be overcooked. Keep practicing, you'll get it!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I get nervous with pork, its even more "sensitive" to over cooking that chicken, but I have such a hard time telling when its just right.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Anything that involves hot grease, like french fries or popcorn. I am afraid it will over heat and spontaneously combust

salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No,I love cooking,I would love to cook more seafood dishes.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The only things I am nervous about making are omelets and new recipes. I always screw up omelets...although I have been lucky a couple times and I am ALWAYS nervous making new recipes. I'm afraid I'll waste the time making something that doesn't taste appealing to me or someone else in the family. Oh..I used to DREAD making pancakes, but I am a pro at those now! :D
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 10:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009