HOW CAN I GET RID OF ODERS IN YOUR HOUSE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• In my house? Install a new switch on our garbage disposal! HAHAHAHA!

I guess you could take out the trash, mop, do the dishes, and open the windows. I highly recommend cleaning with bleach.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Lysol works great
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• 50/50 mix of white vinegar & water to clean everything. The vinegar smell will completely disappear once it has dried, leaving behind the smell of clean house. If you like, you can add a few drops of an essential oil to the mix so that once the vinegar dries the house smells like whatever essential oil you added. Lemon or lavender are quite popular choices.

For stinky drains, first make sure the traps are clean, then pour in some baking or washing soda and leave to set for an hour, then run water down the drain to wash away the soda.

Sprinkle baking soda on smelly carpets and leave set for at least an hour, then vacuum the odors up with the baking soda.

Polish wood furniture with a combo of 1 cup olive oil & 1/2 cup lemon juice. Rub a small amount on furniture, then wipe dry with a clean cloth. Furniture will be clean & smell good, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I've read somewhere vodoka sprayed form a spay bottle helps with odors on fabrics and cloths, because it abosrbs the odor and when it drys its odorless.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have a can of orange oil that I spray when necessary (I buy it at Trader Joes). Somtimes I burn patchouli or jasmine incense. I also use candles in salt holders.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What kind of oders?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Vinegar works on everything from trash cans to cat pee. You can use it as fabreeze even, no smell when it dries!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009