Can I keep my piercings in during the delivery?

I have what's called a clevage piercing. It right inbetween my boobs. I was wondering if you think I will have to take it out during delivery? The problem is that it can't just be removed easily.

amberdawnbarr

Asked by amberdawnbarr at 10:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it shouldn't be a problem....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i know they make you take out nipple rings and facial piercings...ask yuor ob
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It depends on the hospital you're delivering at.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 10:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yes, they will make u take out ur jewlery, because if you have an emergancy C secton they have to be out during the opp-when u go in they will ask u a million questions about ur medical history, inculdin ur tattoos and peircings. u can put them back in as soon as u deliver though!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You can refuse......I did. Mine was my ears, and I had acrylic in mine, and was safe for delivery or surgery.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i had to take out my nipple rings during delivery. i got to keep my facial piercings and ear piercings though.
    ang0343

Answer by ang0343 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The part that sucks is that the only way to take them out is to have them cut out. That's what I'm scared of.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would talk to your doctor. Tell him or her that you don't want to have to take it out, if you have to explain your reasons. I am with you and I don't have any surface piercings. I do not intend on taking any of my piercings out, makes me feel like I am going to jail, lol. If I had a surface piercing I would tell my doctor up front I don't want to take it out and would have found a new doctor if they weren't okay with that. Now that I am going to my second appointment with my new OB I will talk with her about them and tell her too that I will take out my tongue ring if I have to but everything else stays.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009