• In the Spotlight:

When you cook, do you stand right by the stove the entire time, or do you let the food do its thing and take care of other things?

I say this as my chicken is frying :-D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Most of the time I let the food do its thing

My daughter wants to be outside all the time (which I can not blame her)
    so yeah the food cooks itself a lot of the time...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• im awful for not leaving food alone!!! i get picked on for that i think rice and pasta are the only things i will let be....meats and stuff have my undivided attention!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• haha a little of both I guess unless I am using grease I get worried my daughter is going to walk by and get burnt if it pops

Anonymous

• I let it do it's thing while I watch TV, then the burning smell lets e know when it's done.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It depends on what I'm cooking. I usually let the food do it's thing unless it's something that has to be stirred all the time. I try to avoid making stuff that has to be constantly stirred. LOL!

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Depends on what I'm cooking. If it's something that can easily splatter like grease that could potentially catch fire (which I am not good with, mind you) then I watch it carefully. Or something that could burn, because I do not enjoy cooking and I do not enjoy it even more when my food tastes bad because I've burned it. If it's something that will take awhile, I leave it in there and check on it every little while.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It depends on what I am cooking. Some things I need to watch constantly, and then I stand there. But other things, I get it going and walk away, and just come back to check on it when I need to. And if it's in the oven, I set the timer and forget about it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• "then the burning smell lets e know when it's done."

LAWL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Depends on what i am cooking. If it is eggs. I have to stay. But i have a convection oven and let most of the things I make cook in it. I also can make good rice from the box in the microwave now. I don't think I would want to wait for everything. That would take hours and I have other things to do lol.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't leave the stove unless it's simmering and it's on the back burner.

Even then it's usually just to do something else in the kitchen.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009