Babysitting... what to pay?

I have 3 children. A 3 yr. old, a 2 yr. old, and a 3 month old. How much would you pay per hour for a college aged babysitter? She would sometimes watch 1, 2, or all 3 of the children depending on what is going on.

CSJMommy3

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• If theyre awake, and shes got all of em...your looking at atleast 10 an hour...a good babysitter is hard to come by...and if you pay well theyre def. faithful....
    Anonymous

• $10 would be a bargain. Expect to pay the same amount per an hour no matter whether the sitter is watching one, two or all three of the children. Here you would be paying anywhere between $15-$22 an hour. If you're in a small town you might get by cheap with $12-15 an hour.
    Anonymous

• I watch three kids aged 3, 6, and 8 two days a week. I get $75 a day for an 8 hour day.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ummday cares would be out of thquestion because they cot to much but they get 20 or 40 aday fro watching kids and an d if any of th kids arei diPERS TAT WOULD ANS EXTRA 5DOLLARS AND HOUR FOR DAIPER CHAnging
    rhondarktrnd01

Answer by rhondarktrnd01 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you have a great babysitter, I would give her at least $12 an hour with a minimum of $30. If she comes in and does something major like stays a night with your 3 kids while you spend the night in a hotel at least $75. I am a grown woman and still babysit for a few people. Today I drove to the city to watch my friends two kids. It's about an hour and a half drive each way and I was there for an hour and made $40.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2009