what is it

i just had sharp shooting pain in my lower belly and now i have tons of pressure i am 36 weeks what is it am i in labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just one pain? any bleeding? your baby might have dropped- that creates pressure. believe it or not a baby can kick you hard enough from the inside to leave a bruise on the outside, so maybe your passenger is practicing for soccer tryouts? if you continue to have pain, or if you ar bleeding, call your dr! or go to the hospital, they will check you and baby out and make sure there is nothing wrong- better safe than sorry. even if it was just one pain, and you rent bleeding, if you are concerned, call your dr, just to be on the safe side. mother's intuition is not something to ignore.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 10:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have resently had the same pains you are describing I AM also 38 weeks pregnant... My dr told me that the babies head is engaged and my cervix is trying to dialate which is causing my pain. I also have horrible groin pain like so bad I can barely walk.. But the pain can mean different from you to me we are two totally diff people.. I hope this helps its called early labor by the way til you dialate past a 3 I'm sitting on a 3 as we speak waiting on the 4 so I can meet this handsome lil boy!! Good luck!
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 12:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009