Why on earth is she so fussy?

My DD is usually very happy, but today she has been crying almost non- stop. She's 10mos old and She has ran a low grade fever off and on, I know she has cut a tooth. But I can't see if there are any other that are really bothering her, I can see where one looks like it's forming (?). But I don't know if that's what is bothering her or not. I guess I can't really tell huh? Is is common to run a low grade fever with teething?

Darcyd

Asked by Darcyd at 10:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heard it was common. Could be just the tooth inside her gums is throbbing. Break out the Night Time Orajel and Tylenol.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Doctors will swear that babies aren't supposed to run a fever when they're teething, but both of my daughters did. They also had runny noses, a little gas, and were much fussier than usual. Is she biting on everything she can stuff in her mouth? If so, she's just got the teething crankies. Try giving her an unopened ice pop to bite on. (Just keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't get a piece of the wrapper in her mouth.) It worked like a charm for my girls. When that one's melted, just swap it for a frozen one and let her gnaw away.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 10:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• She is prob teething.
    Mine is almost 10 months and has tooth number 5 coming through and she was crazy all day, :) They make these mesh feeder things that are in the baby aisle and you can put frozen fruit or ice in and that really helps. Mine never had a fever but I have heard of that. Also could be an ear infection?
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My dd is teething right now, and she has low fevers, diarrhea, and a runny nose. I give her teething tablets to help with the pain so she can get her rest.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• a nicc cool treat and ADULT STRENGTH ORAJEL will ease the crankiness. A cool bath and little Tylenol worked for my son with every tooth so far. His first tooth came in at 3 1/2 months and we have 9 1/s of the crankiness, the runs, and 103 degree temps. He never took to pacifiers, bottles, or chewing toys. I would give him a frozen washcloth with a litte apple juice for flavor, or an apple slice once he could really graps stuff.... we have moved on to ice cream pops and carrot sticks. The adult strength won't hurt her!
    Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• DO NOT GIVE ORAGEL i am a pediatric nurse myself and its been proven to burn the gums and make them tougher for the teeth to break through. a natural thing.. pure vanilla extract rub that on the gums it has a bit of alcohol in it and has vanilla to tame an upset tummy
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yup, teething can cause the temp (it did with mine). My daughter likes chewing on burp cloths, the mesh feeders, and anything cool. I have heard cold isn't as good as "cool". IDK, this kid chews on everything - 10 months old and 8 teeth so far, and two more coming in . Cranky pants :)
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 2:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2009