For those of you who nested close to labor...?

How long did your nesting last, and how soon after did you give birth?

Can you explain with details?

I'm 3 days past my due date, and I've been nesting for 2 days, getting induced Friday morning (12am) and I was hoping I would go into labor on my own before then.

CamiiiCompasion

Asked by CamiiiCompasion at 10:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I nested on and off, but not very close to my due date. I got to nesting really bad about two weeks before my son, but that only lasted a few days.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• we scheduled my induction and i went into labor 3 days before the scheduled date(on my own)... sometimes it takes scheduling the induction to actually get things going....

As for nesting... i nested for probably 2 weeks before i had mine... but everyone is different... good luck!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've been nesting on and off, but the past 2 days it's been non stop cleaning EVERYTHING.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 10:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I nested one week before I went into labor. Well actually about 9 days before. My nesting came on like a wild fire - I nested hard for 2 straight days. But I also listened to my doctor when he told me that sex would/could induce labor (sperm weakening the lining) and so I attacked my husband and made him perform like a circus monkey. So I don't know if the nesting timing had much to do with it or if it was the sex.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I nested very early...a week or two prior to my due date and it lasted about the same length of time. I gave birth 5 days past my due date. My water finally broke and I was asked if I wanted to go in to the hospital or wait it out and I chose to stay home and wait it out, but I had to keep in contact with my midwife and she advised me to come in to the hospital and I still was not having any contractions so they induced labor...I eventually got an epidural and 24 hours later I had my beautiful baby girl-vaginal birth and she was 7lbs. 8oz and healthy. Being over due is the hard part, just be patient and your baby will be here before you know it lol. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I started nesting when i was 34 wks and had him at 34 wks....he was just born on the 4th and the nesting lasted me about 3 or 4 days. Not long at all. But its different for everyone. Some people dont nest at all. Good luck and hope your little one comes out soon and healthy!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've always been a bit of a neat freak but i nested BAD the night before giving birth. Around midnight I realised that the floor wasnt clean enough, I mopped it,...still not clean, got a tooth brush and scrubbed every inch! I was cleaning the knobs on my stove with a toothpick at 3am when my hub sent me to bed sobbing that we lived in a pig sty and needed to move before the baby. lol.
    BertsMomma

Answer by BertsMomma at 10:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• BertsMomma-
    That's really funny! lol.
    I started last night at midnight
    and cleaned for 3 hours all I could without being loud and waking people in the house up.

My mom is a neat freak, so there isn't much to clean anyways, but i still cleaned it even if it didn't need cleaning.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 11:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009